CEC Member Insurance Program
Compare & Save!
You’ll find that the rates and policy benefits available through the CEC Member Insurance Program compare favorably with those offered through other associations or quoted online for individual insurance policies. In addition to competitive rates, the CEC member program offers a broad selection of insurance plans and superior customer service. Plans include:
- Premier Members – as of September 1, 2016, employed W-2 Premier Members receive $250,000 in professional liability insurance with no increase to their dues.
- Basic and Full Members - Professional liability insurance available for purchase at membership prices for W-2 employed educators; $1 million or $2 million coverage option.
- Student professional liability insurance; $1 million in coverage – only $25 a year!
- Private practice professional liability insurance; coverage options up to $1 million per occurrence / $3 million aggregate.
- Group term life insurance plans from New York Life Insurance Company, rated A++ (Superior) for financial strength by A.M. Best Company*.
- Accidental death & dismemberment plan; guaranteed acceptance for all members.
- Disability income protection plan
- Educator’s dental plan
- Individual and group health insurance plans
- International travel / medical plans
- Cancer insurance plan
- Long-term care insurance
- GEICO auto / motorcycle insurance
- Homeowners / Renters / Condo insurance
- Umbrella liability insurance
- ASPCA Pet Health Insurance
- Identity theft protection
Learn more about these plans, apply online, or download applications by visiting the CEC Member Insurance Program website. Or call (800) 821-7303 weekdays and ask for customer service.
CEC’s member program is provided through the Trust for Insuring Educators (TIE), a consortium of more than 60 educational associations who work cooperatively to make high-quality, affordable insurance plans available to their members. TIE is administered by Forrest T. Jones & Company (FTJ), a pioneer in serving the insurance needs of educators and association members, with more than 50 years of experience.
* Source: Best’s Ratings Report, 07-30-2012.