Be a Leader! Make a Difference in YOUR Professional Association.
Apply for a position on the Board of Directors or to be a Student Representative to the Representative Assembly.
Thank you for your interest in serving in a volunteer leadership position for the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC). The Leadereship Development Committee (LDC) is seeking applications for the Board of Directors. Also, one position is open for Student Representative to the Representative Assembly.
Board of Directors Positions
Applicants must be a current member of the Board of Directors who has served a minimum of two (2) years or have served on the board within the past five (5) years.
Member-at-Large (3 positions):
The LDC is seeking candidates for the Board of Directors who are open-minded, creative, strategic thinkers with excellent collaboration, communication and problem-solving skills and the commitment to work effectively within a collective decision-making body. Visionary, articulate people with passion and dedication to CEC's mission. Any member of the Council may apply.
How to apply for the Board of Directors:
- Preview the Board of Directors application and other important information. This form is a preview of the official online application to help you prepare your responses in advance then just copy and paste them into the application.
- Complete the official online Board of Directors application and upload two letters of recommendation (three letters for President Elect candidates), a vita/resume and a digital photo by 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time, August 27, 2018.
- Contact Sharon Rodriguez with questions about completing the application.
- DEADLINE: The official online application must be completed, and supporting documents received, no later than 3:00 pm EST, August 27, 2018.
Online orientation sessions for new board members have been scheduled for the following dates. Applicants are asked to put a hold on the dates and times in the event they are elected.
November 14; 7:00 pm Eastern
November 19; 5:00 pm Eastern
November 29; 8:00 pm Eastern
December 4; 3:00 pm Eastern
December 12 (tentative); 6:00 pm Eastern
Student Representative to the Representative Assembly
Candidates slated for election as one of two Student Representatives to the Representative Assembly are selected by the CEC Student Committee and elected by the Student members. All candidates must be CEC Student members. Before you apply, please review the candidate information and preview application.
Here's a quick look at the position.
To apply for the Student RA position:
- Individuals eligible to be student membership representatives to the RA must be student members in good standing of The Council at the time of application and at the beginning of his or her term as student membership representative. Student members must be enrolled full or part-time in a matriculating program at an accredited college or university.
- Preview the application and other important information. Prepare your application responses in advance, then copy and paste them into the application. If you need to access the application more than once, you will need to do so from the same computer.
- Complete the official online Student Rep to the RA application and upload two letters of recommendation, a resume/vita and a digital photo by 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time, August 27, 2018.
- Contact Jennifer Bullock with any questions.