About CEC Publications
The Publications Program is designed to support CEC’s mission through a variety of print and non-print channels. CEC’s publication niche has as its foundation the eight areas set forth in the Common Core of Knowledge and Skills presented in What Every Special Educator Must Know: The Standards for the Preparation and Licensure of Special Educators.
- Philosophical, Historical, and Legal Foundations of Special Education
- Characteristics of Learners
- Assessment, Diagnosis, and Evaluation
- Instructional Content and Practice
- Planning and Managing the Teaching and Learning Environment
- Managing Student Behavior and Social Interaction Skills
- Communication and Collaborative Partnerships
- Professionalism and Ethical Practices
CEC publishes and distributes products designed to help practitioners work more effectively in the classroom. This focus encompasses: discussions and applications of proven teaching methods and strategies; curricular materials; pre-service and in-service training materials; techniques for working with particular populations of students; assessment materials; analyses of emerging trends and issues; special education policy materials; and other products that facilitate effective teaching and administration. [Note: Although many of CEC’s publications are used as textbooks, or supplemental texts, in pre-service and in-service training, CEC is not a commercial textbook publisher.]
Manuscripts or other media that are considered for publication by CEC are subject to peer review. Peer and staff reviewers look for accuracy, utility, attention to cultural and linguistic equity, focus on appropriate target audience, and market potential.
Interested in learning more? Contact our Publications Director at 703-264-9466 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or to submit a proposal.