For persons who want to contribute additional support to the Council's activities. Premier members receive all Professional membership benefits (see below), plus:
- Annual bonus publication selected especially for CEC's Premier members
- CEC Policy Insider with the latest public policy information via e-mail
- CEC Leadership Briefings from the CEC President throughout the year via e-mail
- Early-bird, priority housing reservations for the CEC Annual Convention & Expo
- A complimentary book available to all Premier members attending the CEC Annual Convention & Expo
A full annual CEC membership for special education professionals that includes:
- TEACHING Exceptional Children (TEC), CEC's award-winning practice-based journal (6 issues per year)
- TEC Plus, the online companion to TEACHING Exceptional Children
- Exceptional Children, CEC's highly respected research journal (4 issues per year)
- CEC Today, the member newsletter (6 issues per year, online)
- CEC SmartBrief, which provides concise reports on special education trends and developments via e-mail
- Automatic membership in local, state/provincial, and international CEC
- Access to CEC's 17 special-interest divisions
- Special rates on professional development events including the CEC Annual Convention & Expo
- Discounts of up to 30% on CEC professional publications, products, and services
- Access to the CEC Career Center, the largest job bank on the internet devoted exclusively to special education professionals
- Access to Members-Only sections of the CEC Web site
- Networking opportunities, including Online Communities launching in January 2013
- Savings on professional liability and a variety of insurance plans and other money-saving programs
- And much more!
Provides all the benefits of Professional membership at a special
student rate. Student members must be a full-time student at an
accredited college or university or a part-time student who is not
engaged in full-time employment as a certified professional in the field
Provides all the benefits of Professional membership at a special rate. To qualify, you must have officially retired from your employing agency, been a member of CEC for at least ten (10) years prior to retirement, and have not accepted another full-time position.
For parents and family members who do not work full-time in the field of education, paraprofessionals, and the general public. Associate members have online access to the CEC journals, but do not receive hard copy by mail.
For persons outside the U.S. and Canada. International members may join CEC in any of the membership categories listed above.