CEC Hosts CEEDAR Center Partner Meeting
CEC hosted 50 professionals from state agencies, higher education institutions and professional associations at CEC headquarters today as part of the Collaboration for Effective Educator Development, Accountability, and Reform (CEEDAR), an OSEP-funded grant that is housed at the University of Florida.
CEEDAR Project at CEC Headquarters
The CEEDAR Center, a national technical assistance center designed to help states, IHEs and LEAs create relevant professional learning systems for teachers and leaders, is dedicated to supporting states in their efforts to help teachers and leaders to prepare students with disabilities to achieve college and career ready standards. CEC is a partner on the project.
The participants at the CEEDAR Center meeting:
- Developed cross-state and cross-partner collaboration on key issues.
- Identified potential strategies for addressing key issues around educator preparation policy and reform for students with disabilities.
- Identified products and services partner organizations provide that can address key issues raised by Intensive States regarding the policy levers.
- Drafted a communication plan for messaging about state leadership team plans and accomplishments.
- Identified ways that state representatives from partner organizations can assist with communication in the states.