Be a Leader! Apply by Oct. 15 to serve on a CEC Committee
2014 CEC Committee Leadership Opportunities
Contributing to your professional association is a rewarding experience. Make a difference and volunteer for a CEC committee that relates to your interests and expertise. The deadline for all committee applications has been extended to Oct. 24, 2013.
CEC’s committees help The Council to achieve specific organizational goals. The committees are responsible for advising the Board of Directors in specified areas and may be responsible for selected activities and report to the Board of Directors. Committee members are selected by committee chairpersons with the approval of the CEC President.
Some basic information:
- You must be a CEC member in good standing to serve on a Council committee.
- Committees have 5-9 members with one-third of the members being replaced each year.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in relation to the purposes of the committee are key committee appointment considerations.
- In encouraging broad member participation, CEC strives, across its committees, to be representative in terms of professional role, unit affiliation, geography, gender, ethnicity and disability.
- Two committees, Nominations and Student, have applications specific to their purposes and operation.
The deadline for all committee applications is Oct. 24, 2013.
Canadian/U.S., Diversity*, Elections, Finance and Audit, Honors, Professional Standards and Practice, Representative Assembly
CEC members interested in applying for upcoming vacancies on these seven committees should complete the Committee Interest Form.
* Work of the Diversity Committee has been suspended for 2013 pending completion of the Diversity Workgroup report. However, applications are being accepted for 2014.
Nominations Standing Committee
CEC members interested in applying for upcoming vacancies on this committee should complete the Nominations Standing Committee Interest Form.
Student members interested in applying for a position on the 2014 CEC Student Committee should complete a Student Committee Interest Form. Here’s more information on the Student Committee.